Introduction to FFmpeg
Introduction to FFmpeg is a 2-day workshop in which students will learn the powerful capabilities that exist using the free command-line tool FFmpeg. You will learn how to transcode, rewrap, analyze, enhance and batch process videos - all from a command-line interface. Once integrated into a workflow, FFmpeg can reduce processing time dramatically.
Boca Raton Police Department
6500 Congress Ave
Boca Raton, FL 33487
Dates: May 23 - 24, 2019
Hours: 8:30AM - 4:30PM
Introduction to FFmpeg is a 2-day hands-on workshop in which students will discover the capabilities of this software project that produces libraries and programs for handling multimedia data. Processes will be explored for common analysis techniques including playback, analysis, and transcoding of digital video files. Additionally, new and improved workflows for analyzing and processing both standard and proprietary video file formats will be discussed including:
- Understanding multimedia frameworks
- Employing ffplay to view multimedia files
- Utilizing ffprobe to analyze and create reports of multimedia files
- Building batch files to automate the multimedia analysis process
- Applying ffmpeg to transcode multimedia files into an acceptable container
- Processing techniques that allow for producing clarified results
- Understanding digital video frameworks
- "Installation" of FFmpeg and basic syntax
- Video playback commands
- Stream analysis of video files
- Converting and transcoding video files
- Converting and transcoding proprietary video files
- Batch processing video files
- Clarifying video files
- Computer Skills
- Basic computer skills are required to complete this training. A familiarity with command-line syntax is beneficial.
Multiple hands-on exercises will be included during each module. Class participation is required in order to achieve successful completion of the class.
A car is recommended to commute to the Training Center from all listed hotels.
The following hotels are recommended for their convenience to the training location:
Hampton by Hilton Boca Raton
Boca Raton, FL 33431
SpringHill Suites by Marriott Boca Raton
5130 NW 8th Ave
Boca Raton, FL 33487
Dorothy Stout is owner of Resolution Video Inc. which provides training on Forensic Multimedia Analysis and services for the examination and analysis of video, audio and image evidence. She has been involved in Forensic Video Analysis since 1998 during her career with the U.S. Postal Inspection Service and also performed as a Forensic Video Analyst for the U.S. Department of Defense Computer Forensic Laboratory (DCFL). She has worked with the International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP) and the Security Industry Association (SIA) as a forensic video/digital video technical consultant. Ms. Stout has been qualified as an expert and testified in all levels of the United States Courts and continues to offer expert testimony in civil and criminal cases involving video evidence. She has taught as an Adjunct Professor at the George Washington University, in Washington, DC, the University of Indianapolis, and the British Columbia Institute of Technology. Ms. Stout holds a Masters Degree in Forensic Science and a Bachelor Degree in Psychology.
Boca Raton, FL 33497
|Event Registration||$ 495.00|
|Take Both and Save! FFmpeg Workshop plus Processing Techniques May 21 - 22, 2019||$ 895.00|